Phil is responsible for helping Mainsail’s portfolio companies optimize their growth strategies and deploy sales practices to increase sales team performance, among other operational initiatives.
Prior to Mainsail, Phil held sales and growth leadership positions at a number of SaaS companies and in consulting. Most recently, Phil was the Head of Payroll Sales at Gusto, a VC-backed SaaS provider serving small businesses. Phil also spent three and a half years as VP of Growth and GM for Zen Planner, one of Mainsail’s portfolio companies. He has also led teams at LogMeIn and Forrester Research. Phil is an active mentor in the Denver tech community and a member of the Revenue Collective.
Phil graduated from Bowdoin College where he was co-captain of the men’s varsity lacrosse team.
Outside of Mainsail…
Phil enjoys spending time with his wife, son and dog, and taking advantage of all of the mountain sports Colorado has to offer, especially backcountry skiing.
Insights from Phil:
- How to Reduce Risks in Your Investments in Sales and Marketing in 2021
- How to Improve Bookings Per Rep and Why This Metric Matters
- How to Build and Optimize your Outbound SDR Team in 2021
- How to Improve Sales Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Five Metrics to Measure the Impact of your Sales Enablement Program
From: Maplewood, NJ
Lives in: Denver, CO
Supports: Protect Our Winters and Denver-area animal shelters