OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to Mainsail Management Company, LLC and its affiliates (together, “Mainsail,” “our,” “us,” “we” or “company”). To better protect your privacy, we are providing information explaining our online information practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect various types of information from users of this website. For example, knowing how users use our website – tracking their movement through this website – helps us improve website design and usefulness. As a result, Mainsail’s server collects general data pertaining to users, including the length of time spent on this website, the pages accessed while visiting the website and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Mainsail generally does not, however, collect any personally identifiable information such as names, home addresses or e-mail addresses from users of this website, unless a user submits such information to us via our “Contact” page.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make an effort to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information or data transmitted to or through our website; any transmission of information or data by you to or through this website is at your sole risk.
You may access any personally identifiable information we have about you by contacting the Chief Compliance Officer of Mainsail at mainsailpartners.com/contact.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
DATE LAST UPDATED: December 29, 2022
What information do we collect about you?
We collect limited types of personal information through our website and investor reporting portals, as well as through other electronic communications (e.g., emails), as applicable (collectively, the “Website”). The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your interaction with us. The categories of personal information we have collected from individuals on this Website over the last twelve (12) months include the following:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
We do not collect or use sensitive personal information other than:
- To perform services, or provide goods, as would reasonably be expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services;
- As reasonably necessary and proportionate to detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information;
- As reasonably necessary and proportionate to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at us and to prosecute those responsible for such actions;
- For short-term, transient use (but not in a manner that discloses such information to another third party or is used to build a profile of you or otherwise alter your experience outside of your current interaction with us);
- To perform services on behalf of our business;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or to improve, upgrade, or enhance such service or device; and
- To collect or process sensitive personal information where such collection or processing is not for the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Some internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference (the “DNT Signal”) to websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. At this time, we do not currently respond to DNT Signals.
How do we obtain your personal information?
In connection with forming and operating our Website, we collect and maintain your nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Information from your communications with us in connection with this Website, including any update notices provided by you.
- Information captured on our Website, including registration information, information provided through online forms and any information captured via cookies.
We may combine personal information that you provide to us with information that we collect from or about you from publicly available sources. This will include information collected in an online or offline context.
If you are an entrepreneur affiliated with a company that we are evaluating (or may evaluate in the future) in connection with a potential investment or acquisition, we may also collect and process information about you that we obtain from third party sources (including such company’s website) in connection with our efforts to build a relationship with you and/or evaluate such company in connection with a potential investment or other acquisition.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- To perform services for you.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide, support, personalize, develop and improve our Website and the products and services that we offer and notify you about changes to our products and services.
- To provide you with support and to communicate with you, including responding to requests for information submitted by you through our Website.
- To provide advertising and marketing services.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us.
- To further build our relationship with you.
- To provide you with details regarding our potential financing, operational support or other capabilities that we offer to entrepreneurs and/or prospective portfolio companies.
- Ongoing operations, administrative, accounting, reporting, account maintenance and other processes.
- To audit and verify the quality and effectiveness of our services and compliance.
- To maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases, technology assets and business, including to detect security incidents and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- As needed to comply with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations, including responding to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or government regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Additionally, we may use your personal information to keep you informed of our products and services, if you have provided your consent to us doing so, or where we have an existing relationship with you and we wish to contact you about products and services similar to those which we provide you, in which you may be interested. You may opt-in to certain kinds of marketing, or all forms of marketing at any time, by contacting us and you may unsubscribe to receiving emails by clicking on the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” options within the “manage preferences” link provided in all our marketing emails.
We retain the categories of personal information set forth above in “What information do we collect about you?” section of this California Website Policy only as long as is reasonably necessary for those purposes set forth above in “How do we use your personal information?”, except as may be required under applicable law, court order or government regulations.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We do not share for the purpose of cross-context behavioral advertising or sell (as such terms are defined in the CCPA) any of the personal information we collect about you to third parties.
Within the last twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed personal information collected from you for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below. We may also disclose your information to other parties as may be required by law or regulation, or in response to regulatory inquiries.
We may also share your personal information with applicable third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, bankruptcy proceeding, or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, assets or shares.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We consider the protection of personal information to be a sound business practice, and to that end we employ appropriate organizational, physical, technical and procedural safeguards, which seek to protect your personal information in our possession or under our control to the extent possible from unauthorized access and improper use.
Your rights under the CCPA
Deletion Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we retain, subject to certain exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing if we cannot comply with a specific request and provide an explanation of the reasons.
Disclosure and Access Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection, use, disclosure and sale of personal information specific to you. Such information includes:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting such personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we disclose the personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
- whether we disclosed your personal information to a third party, and, if so, the categories of personal information that each recipient obtained.
Correction Right: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal information that we retain, subject to certain statutory exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing if we cannot comply with a specific request and provide an explanation of the reasons.
No Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights: To exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, or to access this notice in an alternative format, please submit a request on your behalf using any of the methods set forth in the Contact us section below.
For any requests relating to the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, or questions regarding our processing of your personal information, please submit or have your authorized representative submit a request using any of the methods set forth below.
Call us using the following toll-free number: 866-855-0897.
Submit a request online using the following online form: mainsailpartners.com/contact
Email us at the following email address: [email protected].
We will contact you to confirm receipt of your request under the CCPA and request any additional information necessary to verify your request. We verify requests by matching information provided in connection with your request to information contained in our records. Depending on the sensitivity of the request and the varying levels of risk in responding to such requests (for example, the risk of responding to fraudulent or malicious requests), we may request further information or your investor portal access credentials, if applicable, in order to verify your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, provided that you provide a signed agreement verifying such authorized agent’s authority to make requests on your behalf, and we may verify such authorized person’s identity using the procedures above. If we request you verify your request and we do not receive your response, we will pause processing your request until such verification is received.